1. I did the Poon Hill Trek, the Annapurna Circuit and the Annapurna Base Camp with Pokhara’s “LN Treks and Expedition” company, my guide was called Dev. The owner is really nice, he takes the time to answer all the questions that one can have about the equipment to take, the altitude and so on – and during the trek he calls to make sure that you are fine. His employees are really reliable, safe and I felt safe on all my treks. A guide costs $ 20 a day.
2. I did the Poon Hill trek in October last year. Some nights were cold, my sleeping bag really missed me! But at night I went very well with just a fleece jacket.
3. I do the treks alone with a male guide – I felt safe on all the hikes. I would never have found a guide in the street.
4. Maybe you could try a rafting on the river from the top of seti? I went rafting with Paddle Nepal, it’s a very good company. If you have time, you should do a rafting of one / 1 night and 2 days .. You will do more rafting and sleeping under the stars is always cool 🙂
5. If I were you, I would make a homestay. It’s the best way to experience daily Nepalese life, learn more about culture, eat well. This is one of my best experiences in Nepal.